Saturday, August 16, 2008

A form of communication most people can understand.

Small people who have never had a position of authority in their lives. I've been tossed off this web site indefinitely for stating honest opinions. Never rude or offending to any rational being. I discovered long ago that informed and to the point speech threatens many people because they are insecure. Brought to its highest level you have Hitler. Unfortunately we have many many of the variety I'm speaking of here. Note the last two paragraphs and then tell me if "goose stepping" comes to mind.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Del <delphotosig@earthlink.net> wrote:
Gary,

I am responding to your inquiry regarding when your suspension will end.
The suspension will end when we determine that you will participate in
constructive ways, or at least will not participate in destructive ways, and
according to the Terms of Service.

I note that in your request you claim not to have done anything wrong. I
counted almost thirty warnings recorded with your account. These were
variously for injecting politics into discussion; disrespectful, demeaning,
and rude behavior to other users in critiques and forums; disrespectful,
demeaning and rude comments to admins and about admins; posts calculated to
attract attention and admin actions. Any of these, over time, accumulate
enough attention to warrant removal from the site.

Here is how your suspension can end. You will agree to two things. First,
you will acknowledge your agreement with and acceptance of the photoSIG
Terms of Service. Second, you will agree that the site owner and
administrators are the sole authorities on interpretation of the Terms of
Service and you accept their decisions. To be specific, that means you
agree not to make rude, disrespectful, or demeaning remarks to or about
other users or administrators, and you further agree to accept directions
from administrators regarding your use of the site.

If you agree to these terms, by email to me and photosig@photosig.com, your
suspension will be lifted. Should you return to the site under these
conditions and repeat the kinds of violations we have noted in the past, or
commit new violations of the Terms of Service, you will be subject to
decisions and discipline from administrators, including permanent exclusion
from photoSIG.

Del

15 comments:

Shadowscapestudio said...

I understand the tension with the assholes at that site. Why you guys have stayed this long is beyond me, except to make it clear to more people what a lousy admin it has.
I do believe there is a grounds for libel in that link you sent me.
Just shows the rest of the world what type of people are there and what lousy admin they have.

Anonymous said...

Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law

Anonymous said...

Some things never change and your reply from photosig seems to be the same old thing. Act like you are told to or you will be removed from the site. Maybe not Hitler but it does have a sound of play like we want you to or we will kick you out of the game.

Lin said...

My other half (Rich) was kicked off Photosig a long time ago. It's kind of like a badge of honour now
- you're not a true photographer until you get banned. So congrats on the graduation! The truth is out there. It's just not on Photosig.

http://www.fluffytek.com/blog/2008/03/looking-but-not-seeing-photosig-problem.html (See the addendum.)

Anonymous said...

I have to reiterate, why you didn't leave on your own long before now is beyond me.
The abusive butt-in behaviour of the administration is beyond comprehension.
If I ran my business that way I'd be in the poorhouse.
If there is any consolation to all of this bruhaha it's that the head administrator seems to have calmed down after the starting of Ssig, perhaps she sees her wrongs although I guarantee she will never admit it. She just isn't that classy.
Nice to find your blog. Good luck back on the road

Anonymous said...

I was banned too. I had a blog about PhotoSig and that is verboten. I was banned pronto. For exercising free speech on another site. True.

I say give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. It's turned into a Club now whereby your "critique ratio" is more hallowed than any talent. The "real" photographers are no longer there.

The more I think about it, it's really sad that someone has so little of a life they need to prowl emails and discussions all day and night to garner some sort of self-congratulatory assurance that their life is important. Being booted off the site only helped me. It helped me realize that I didn't want to be a member of this Club. The mass fawning over The Mistress is nothing more than a mega ass-kissing. Apparently, it's a big one too.

Hey, sorry about your wife. My prayers are with you at this time.

Anonymous said...

They put you though all this grief while you are grieving about your wife's passing? wow, you are better off out of there. I can not see what you said, why was it deleted?

Things have been out of control on that site for years. I stopped going there were less good photographs and the administrators there are pretty heavy handed.

Anonymous said...

How people can experience difficulty participating in an entirely voluntary photo critique site while abiding by that site's rules as set down by the site owner and enforced by the owner's selected administrators is beyond me. To harp about it is beyond reason. To compare the behavior of the admins to Hitler is beyond offensive.

Unknown said...

For the last Anonymous who is offended by the comparison to Hitler. Do you think I care if you're offended? I don't know about you but I am in The United States of America. Here we do not have the right to not be offended. If you are, so what? No one cares.

TyMax said...

I wonder what Anonymous would feel is a fair comparison to the way you have been treated?

Nazi is a bit extreme but it is a free country, right? After reading all the print screens I was sent. Even people asking what happened to your comments got deleted.

But it is a private site and if you chose to comment there you need to follow their rules.

Now the question, what are the rules of conduct? What can you say and what can you not say, seems a murky area.

Anonymous said...

"last anonymous" here...

Clearly someone with the mental capacity to compare an admin on a website to Hitler is not going to care if he's offensive; that does not change my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Fishit said...

I wonder what Anonymous would feel is a fair comparison to the way you have been treated?


Getting kicked off a website for not abiding by the TOS is comparable to... getting kicked off a website for not abiding by the TOS.

It's often the result of pettiness on one side or the other, but more commonly pettiness on both sides. People don't always get along. Some people can deal and move on, others seem to have trouble doing so.

TyMax said...

Gary I looked at the 6-8 print screens sent to me, what TOS did you violate?

I got a few from people after you were ban that had their comments removed. Hard to know the truth when only people's supporting comments are all that are left.

Odd I noticed some comments were added by Adam after the thread was locked. I did not know you could do that.

Anonymous said...

I too am an ex-sigger. I specifically got tired of the Sheena's snot-nose comments where she would be-rate and insult the members.

I've had run-in's with her for quite some time - and got tired of the way the New Sig had become.

Not worth it.

Anonymous said...

As many of you, I had the same experiences. I stayed for over two years ... even I don't know why I hung in there so long. Someone made the comment that the Admins and some members (of the club) needed to put others down to make them feel that their life was worth "something." -- That is the same perception I walked away with. I have been critiqued without rudeness ... therefore it is possible. If someone was rude and merely didn't prefer my style of a specific shot, I marked their "critique" as unhelpful ... Sheena got all over my case for that. I did it more than once too ... and what was the reaction... a warning of being banned. I was just glad to find that it wasn't me. When I ultimately left and went on teaching photography ... as I do in my university, I, at times, wondered if I it was me and that I was just in the need to get thicker skin. I would go back and read the comments ... that was enough to confirm that it wasn't me ... your blog site and the many that agree how horrific that site became confirmed the rest of it for me. Thanks.....