Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gearheads


You just have to love them. Canon announced a new camera last night. On FM there's a thread with 767 posts to it already mostly bitching about it.

I sometimes wish for the good old days. You got a decent body and a couple of lenses then spent your time making photos. Now you can probably get a Phd in thread reading on forum sites like FM. How can you bitch about a camera no one will have until the end of November?

I was talking with David Swanson about the old days. I used to shoot minor sports stuff with a Speed Graphic. I remember having fun doing so and especially liked the wire bale "sports finder" it had. Now 4fps is not enough and neither is 10. People go to one football game and shoot 3000 photos then complain about the processing time.

The world is nuts.

4 comments:

Shadowscapestudio said...

kind of tree was that before it died?

Unknown said...

A big one?

TyMax said...

"The world is going nuts"

No truer words have been spoken.
I read a interesting view point on the current economy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/32b85c72-859b-11dd-a1ac-0000779fd18c.html?nclick_check=1

I am happy with my little D300 Nikon, I think Canon users present company excluded are a bit over reactive?

Anonymous said...

Hey there fishit we are not overreactive for the most part.. just the geeky gearhead canon users. The rest of us realize it's the photographer not the camera.